Questions about adoption in Texas? We have answers!
Our adoption experts can answer your questions about adoption. Domestic infant adoption can be a wonderful way to grow your family. We work with both birth parents and adoptive families to facilitate these adoptions and would welcome the opportunity to work with your family.
How to place a child for adoption in Austin Texas
In choosing adoption for your baby, you choose a plan for your baby’s future. Upbring will support you in making the best possible decisions for you and your child, whatever those may be. Our adoption counselors are caring, supportive and non-judgmental.
- If you’re pregnant and not ready to be a parent, you have options!
- Call or text Upbring Adoption in Austin and talk to an adoption counselor. They can explain the adoption process, teach you about varying levels of openness and discuss the financial support you may be eligible to receive during the process.
- If needed, your adoption counselor can also help you talk with your baby’s father about making an adoption plan and explain the details of the process.
- Get to know hopeful adoptive families and, if you choose, meet them in person to see if they are a good fit.
- Make a hospital plan to ensure your wishes are met during delivery. You’re in charge!
- Your adoption counselor will facilitate signing paperwork for your adoption. The adoptive parents can be in the hospital with you, or we can let them know when you would like them to arrive.
- Most commonly you will transition care of your baby to the adoptive parents in the hospital, but not always. Your adoption counselor will work with you to create a transition plan that’s right for you.
- We’re always here for you. Our post-adoption services can provide ongoing care and support to meet your evolving needs.
How to adopt a baby in Texas
Hopeful adoptive parents can choose to grow their families through domestic infant adoption at Upbring for a variety of reasons, including our knowledgeable and caring staff, ethical treatment of expectant parents, extensive education and sliding fee scales. Domestic adoption is a wonderful way to experience the joys of parenthood!
- If you’re ready to become parents and are interested in adoption, we can help!
- Call or text Upbring Adoption in Austin and talk to a caring adoption specialist. They can explain the adoption process, our agency eligibility requirements for adoption, help you understand the costs involved, and, if you meet our agency criteria invite you to join our program waitlist.
- Begin your paperwork! It may seem like a daunting task, but our goal is to ensure you’re knowledgeable and prepared to become parents.
- Begin your home study with Upbring staff.
- Complete your adoption profile and online profile.
- Become an approved waiting family.
- Be matched with an expectant mother/couple.
- Bring your baby home and begin to enjoy parenthood! Congratulations!
- Rest easy knowing that Upbring is there for your family following the adoption of your child. Upbring offers comprehensive post adoption services.
When you choose adoption, you choose a plan for your baby’s future. Upbring will support you in making the best possible decisions for you and your child.
Families Looking to Adopt
Upbring provides collaborative case management services, flexibility, extensive education and sliding fee scales. Domestic adoption can be a wonderful way to experience the joys of parenthood!
Meet the Families
Skip to Adoption Contact