Fostering a child in need is one of life’s rare opportunities to undeniably transform a child’s life. Thousands of children in Texas are in need of a safe, loving home. But they are also in need of someone who lovingly packs them a lunch each day, scares away monsters under the bed and encourages them to dream.
At Upbring, we understand this experience is life changing for our foster parents as well. Throughout the process, from your application and training to child placement and ongoing support, Upbring will be your guide throughout the fostering journey.
We encourage you to complete the interest form, whether you are serious about starting the process or simply curious to learn more about fostering.
Basic Requirements to Become a Foster Parent
You qualify to apply if you are:
- Single or married (if married, for a minimum of two years).
- Retired or employed.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Emotionally and physically healthy.
- Have a regular source of income (cannot be dependent on the foster care payment for expenses, nor can you be on government assistance).
- Have no criminal history, or have proof of rehabilitation.
- Do not have a history of abusing a child or another adult.
Fill out the form below and an Upbring Foster In Texas representative will contact you with more information.
Upbring is raising the standards for child well-being in Texas. We deliver innovative programs and services that help children make measurable progress toward five key markers of success: safety, health, education, life skills and vocation. Help us break the cycle of child abuse once and for all.