Each girl who comes through our residential programs brings their own dreams, talents and abilities, and it’s our joy to provide them a safe place to grow and thrive.
Many of the girls arrive at Krause after experiencing severe abuse or neglect. These courageous young women are between the ages of 12-17, and they begin to grow and heal through in-depth clinical therapy, personal development activities and spiritual care in a safe setting.
brave girls given a safe place to heal at Krause Children’s Center in 2018
Girls stay an average of six to eight months and begin to feel a restored sense of hope in their futures – thanks to the support of Krause’s staff and therapists specializing in Trauma-Informed Care. Often during the healing process, girls discover special interests and talents and begin to live a healthy lifestyle. Many girls are either reunited with biological family or connected with a loving foster family after living at Krause.
Krause Children’s Center Offers:
- Individual, family and group therapy
- Ongoing psychiatrist monitoring and medication management
- On-site medical and nursing care
- Therapeutic recreation daily
- Experiential therapy
- On-campus education through Trinity Charter Schools
- Life skills groups
- Variety of regular activities (community outings, arts & crafts, gardening, yoga, dance, animal-assisted groups and more)
- Spiritual growth (individual and group counseling, church services and bible study)